Ten Motivating Quotes
Updated: Nov 1, 2020
When hearing a meaningful quote wakes you up to listen...
In looking through quotes (not necessarily all travel-related) during a day of confinement, I selected these ten to reflect on here. I hope they resonate with you as well!
1. “She traveled to the end of the Earth. To find the courage to be who she always was.” -- Rebecca Campbell
This one is probably my personal favorite right now. As I wrote in a recent post, oftentimes what we are looking for is right in front of us, without ever walking out the door. I might save money if I looked closer at home for answers, but where would the fun and adventure be without figuring “it” out thousands of miles away?
2. “It is confidence in our bodies, minds, and spirits that allows us to keep looking for new adventures.” -- Oprah Winfrey
I just like this quote and reminds me that when one thing is off-kilter, we are not our best selves.
3. Trust yourself. Create the kind of self that you will be happy to live with all your life. Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement. — Golda Meir
Trust is key here, especially in traveling alone. You know you better than anyone else. Except maybe your mother...
4. “Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.” ― Chuang Tzu
Do you wonder if they know what is coming next? Humans certainly don’t. I firmly believe every day is a “gift.” Corona has just proven that!
5. “Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.”– Maya Angelou
Love Maya Angelou and this particular quote because (and especially!) when traveling, photographs cannot do justice to the majestic beauty of this world.
6. “Courage is like a muscle. We strengthen it by use.”– Ruth Gordon
Just like one step in front of the other. When you succeed, you will want to keep at it.
7. “We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope.”– Martin Luther King, Jr.
I continue to be amazed at how many insightful and beautiful sentiments Martin Luther King, Jr. said in his all too short lifetime. Unfortunately, hope isn’t going to get us to where we need to go...action is required. Myself included.
8. “It’s funny how, when things seem the darkest, moments of beauty present themselves in the most unexpected places.” ― Karen Marie Moning
When I read this quote, it made me think about human kindness and how a tragedy needs to happen to discover how easy it is to be nice to one another.
9. “You need to spend time crawling alone through shadows to truly appreciate what it is to stand in the sun.” – Shaun Hick
Hard work and perseverance pay off. I know this to be true.
10. “When times get tough, the key is not to stay strong…the key is to stay grateful.” – Liv Lane
I haven’t mastered the art of meditation just yet, but I have found the power and positivity in writing down my daily intentions and keeping the people and things I am grateful for top of mind.